To be considered, please respond with your contact information, relevant bike experience (we will only consider candidates that have experience repairing bikes), and your availability (morning, evening, or night).
Zagster is the fastest-growing bike share provider in North America. With industry-leading technology and an innovative operations model, our mission is to make the bicycle the most loved form of transportation. Rated in the top 100 places to work by Outside Online in 2016. Not only is Zagster a great company to work for, we are a leader in the micro mobility industry. Whether you're interested in trying something new or you're an industry veteran interested in being a part of revolutionizing transportation in your community. We strive to provide a professional atmosphere that rewards hard work and dedication with flexibility and the opportunity to be part of a new industry that some have speculated could be valued at over 200 billion dollars by 2030.
We’re looking to hire a professional bicycle mechanic with a passion for growing the riding community in Canal Corridor/Lasalle County, IL and we are in need of someone to take care of our bikes within these areas. The mechanic will ensure that all the bikes are in good operating condition, and safe for riders. As well as provide market insight as a local resident.
This is an independent contractor role, offering competitive rates for maintenance work on a per bicycle scale.
This role's primary responsibility will be to perform maintenance and repairs on Zagster bicycles including the assembly of bikes and bike stations. Mechanics will own the long term health of the fleet going forward. Maintenance is expected to be conducted in the field or home garage/bike shop.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the assembly, quality control, and deployment of bicycles as they're built
- Perform routine maintenance and on-demand repairs on all bikes in the fleet
- Maintain a sense of ownership over the bikes in the fleet and their condition
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Basic set of bike tools, and repair experience, ideally including a mobile repair stand and some space to store and work on bikes indoors, as well as ability to do some repairs on site/outdoors. Not necessarily looking for a master mechanic with every tool, but we need someone who can do quality, safe, repeatable work, and hold themselves to a high standard without close supervision.
-An ideal candidate would also have access to an indoor work space and a vehicle that can transport multiple bikes to a station(new)
- Ability to lift and transport several 40 pound bikes depending on need.
- Ability to use a smartphone and camera to communicate over phone calls, text, email.
- Ability to keep oneself accountable to a set of goals, and schedule themselves accordingly.
- Strong communication skills, willingness to communicate status updates and context.
- Flexibility to work with varying schedules and workloads.
- Detail focused and good judgement/common sense, able to make some decisions on one's own without full information.
- Able to think critically about what we in Boston might need or want to know about the system, not just answering our questions and responding to our requests.
- Able to be a professional and friendly public face for Zagster while out and about.
Reply directly to this posting with your interest in working with Zagster as well as a resume!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers